Yesterday, while describing the important features of SEO for small business to one of my clients, I realized that this is one of the more considerable topics to be shared with readers. So, here we go.
When it comes to small business SEO, the main focus goes to local listings like Google Places. If the web crawlers found your keywords for localized market then the search engines will flash their local listings at the top of the page, else give your local listing under your website listing. Hence, it becomes essential for you to optimize the local listings. Though the algorithms for local ranking are quite different from regular SEO but it follows the same concepts. Following are the main steps for the same:
1. Claim and fill: This is considered to be the first step for local listing. Claim your local listing and fill out the Google Places, Yahoo Local and Bing Local.
2. NAP: Second step is to collect quotes for your NAP, i.e. Name, Address and Phone number. Also, try to keep the data of NAP clean and clear and make sure that your business has been listed in at least 100 local listing directories.
3. Reviews: Third step is to prepare a productive strategy to attain reviews from all the various local listings. This step will definitely help you to increase your small business.
4. Contact details: Try to fill your Contact Us page with the exact address supported by a Google map integration.
5. Geo-meta tags: Try to stuff geo-meta tags into the web pages to exhibit the particular local region related to the website.